Cushman & Wakefield is pleased to present this opportunity to acquire the Flextronics Campus, a 445,806-square foot office/manufacturing/warehouse building located in Charlotte, NC.
The property is 100% leased to Flextronics International USA, Inc., a subsidiary of Flextronics International Ltd (NASDAQ: FLEX) through March 31, 2018. Flextronics provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and logistics services to companies around the world.
Built in 1982 as part of IBM’s campus in Charlotte’s University Research Park (a larger portion of which is now known as Innovation Park), the property consists of a 153,600 sf, two-story office building and a 292,206 sf manufacturing and warehouse building located on 50.97 acres of land. The buildings feature heavy, redundant power and other building systems originally designed to IBM’s highest standards for manufacturing and office uses.
Close to leading corporate neighbors, airport and light rail
Located in Charlotte’s University City area, the Flextronics Campus is near many University Research Park neighbors including IBM, Allstate, Wells Fargo, AXA, Areva, Aon Hewitt, Electrolux, Duke Energy and TIAA.
University City offers a strong mix of amenities, a wide variety of housing options, and an excellent transportation network. In addition to easy access to I-85, I-77, and I-485, the new Lynx Blue Line Light Rail extension is under construction to the east of Flextronics and will offer easy access to Charlotte’s Central Business District.
Flextronics has announced its intentions to cease operations in this facility, presenting investors with the rare opportunity to re-position this property into a wide variety of potential uses.
- Contact – Rob Cochran, Senior Managing Director, 704-577-2999, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download brochure
General campus features
- Location: 6800 Solectron Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262
- Total building area: 445,806 sf Acreage: 50.97
- Year built: 1982
- Zoning: RE-2
- Parking: 1,081 spaces (2.4/1,000 sf)
- Power: Heavy, redundant power and other building systems built to IBM mfg standards
- Fiber: Campus is served by two fiber providers; several others available.
Industrial warehouse features
- Size: 292,206 sf
- 100% air-conditioned
- Size: 153,600 sf (two stories)
- Large floor plates with ample parking.
- County: Mecklenburg
- Interstate access: About 1 mile to I-85; 4 miles to I-485
- Distance to CLT Airport: About 16 miles
- Sewer / Water: Char-Meck
- Power: Duke Energy
- Gas: Piedmont Natural