Enjoy savory Carolinas barbecue pork, grilled chicken, slaw and beans on March 13 while helping nurture one of University City’s veteran Scouting programs, BSA Troop 13 at University City United Methodist Church.
You can also bid on over $21,000 in goods and services at the Troop 13 silent auction!
The proceeds from the barbecue and auction will support Troop activities, including the Troop’s many community service projects and outdoor adventures. This summer, many Troop members will travel to the renowned national Scouting facility of Philmont for a high adventure.
Troop 13 BBQ details
- Time: Food available 10 am-8 pm March 13.
- Location: University City United Methodist Church, 3835 W. WT Harris Blvd.
- Food choices: All items are $10 each. All items are available for dine-in, take-out, or drive-thru pickup.
- PLATE: Pork BBQ, cole slaw, BBQ beans and bun
- PLATE: 1/2 chicken, cole slaw, and BBQ beans
- POUND: Pork BBQ
- SANDWICH: 2 BBQ sandwiches, cole slaw, chips and bun
- More BBQ event details
Troop 13 Silent Auction details
- Time: The auction begins online at 1 pm Sunday, March 8. The Silent Auction will end at 7pm on Friday, March 13.
- Auction website
- What’s for sale: Church and community members have donated over 180 items worth a total of more than $21,000, including a five-night stay at an oceanfront condo in the Mexican resort city of Cabo. Other auction items include restaurant gift cards, fitness club memberships, golfing, gift baskets, event tickets, local brewery items, NASCAR Pit/Garage passes and merchandise, trampoline park tickets and parties, outdoor adventures, and much more.
- Auction close and pickup time: 7-9 pm March 13 in the Fellowship Hall of the University City United Methodist Church. The auction organizers will accept cash, checks, or credit card at pick up.