The new award recognizes the most influential women in the real estate community and land-use sector.
“I am honored to be recognized by the Urban Land Institute as a leader in real estate,” Heater said. “ULI Charlotte has been an invaluable resource for University City Partners as a development expert and research source, convener of commercial real estate professionals and industry thought leader.”
The 2019 Champions in Real Estate
The 11 2019 award winners include leaders throughout the Charlotte region’s real estate community.
“Recognized for their contributions to real estate development, land use, and city-building, the Champions reflect the strength of the region’s real estate development industry through the responsible use of land to create thriving communities worldwide,” the Women’s Leadership Initiative said in announcing the 2019 recipients.
Along with Heater, they include:
- Laura Belcher, Habitat for Humanity Charlotte
- Debra Campbell, City of Asheville
- Rachel Russell Krenz, Ram Realty Advisors
- Mary Beth Kuzmanovich, Lillibridge Healthcare Services
- Elizabeth McMillan, Crescent Communities
- Dionne Nelson, Laurel Street Partners
- Alysia Osborne, City of Charlotte
- Julie Porter, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Housing Partnership, Inc.
- Ellen Rogers, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Pam Wideman, City of Charlotte
About Urban Land Institute and Women’s Leadership Initiative
The Urban Land Institute seeks to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
The ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative seeks to promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry and at ULI.
ULI Charlotte carries forth the ULI mission by serving the Charlotte, Piedmont and Western North Carolina’s public and private sectors with pragmatic land use expertise and education.