The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Department has posted rezoning requests for 9 properties across University City.
One request, for up to 200 multifamily units on Shopping Center Drive near Home Depot, is scheduled to be heard on June 15. DETAILS
Two requests are for a combined 600 apartments and townhomes along IBM Drive.
Rezoning hearing scheduled for June 15
- Union at Tryon – 7.5 acres on Shopping Center Drive, from business to MUDD-O for multifamily; Petition 2020-026. June 15 hearing.
Other rezoning requests in University City
- Edgewood Preserve – 20.7 acres on Eastfield Road and Browne Road north of I-485, up to 38 single-family lots and 48 multifamily lots; Petition 2020-012.
- CCP University – 49 acres at IBM Drive near Neal Road for up to 300 apartments and townhouses; Petition 2020-035.
- Flournoy Development – 24.6 acres on John Adams Road east of I-85, from business and office to MUDD-O for 366 apartments, 56 townhomes, possibly office and commercial on first florr of building facing Mallard Creek Church Road; Petition 2020-048.
Aberdeen Townhomes – 21.9 acres on Ridge Road north of I-485, from R-3 to R-8MF (CD) for up to 98 single-family attached homes; Petition 2020-051.
- Rangewater IBM Drive – 28 acres on IBM Drive just west of Harris Blvd, 300 apartments; Petition 2020-055.
- Accent Berkeley Place – 11.7 acres in Berkeley Place development on Mallard Creek Church Road, from CC commercial center to R-17MF (CD) for up to 198 apartments; Petition 2020-060.
- Cameron Commons – Site-plan amendment by K Sade Ventures Inc. for 90 acres on Cabarrus county line and NC 49, Mixed residential community with 250 single family homes, 288 multifamily units and related uses allowed in MX-2; Petition 2020-092.
- Cameron Commons commercial rezoning – K Sade Ventures Inc. also requests that the city rezone 4.3 acres on NC 49 next to the Cameron Commons residential area from B-1 (CD) to B-2 (CD); Petition 2020-021.
Find details on current and past rezoning requests
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Department maintains an extensive and easy-to-search database for rezoning requests spanning 2002 to 2020. Each petition file includes extensive information including site plans, city department reviews and final action by Charlotte City Council. VISIT THE PETITIONS PAGE
Hey! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thanks!