Among the dance pieces choreographed by faculty members and performed by students is “Queen City Rhapsody,” a tribute to legendary vocalist Freddie Mercury.
The concert, performed Nov. 14-17 at Belk Theater in Robinson Hall, also includes a reflection on the shooting that occurred on campus last spring, and a tribute to Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, plus other pieces.
The program opens with Queen City Rhapsody, choreographed by Associate Professor E.E. Balcos and set to three Queen hits: “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Who Wants to Live Forever?” and the David Bowie collaboration, “Under Pressure.”
- Click here to see the full Dance Concert program and get tickets.
Other concerts in November
- Percussion Ensemble 7:30 pm Nov. 18 – Details and tickets
- Symphonic Band, 7:30 pm Nov. 19 – Details and tickets
- Philharmonia string orchestra, 7:30 pm Nov. 20 – Details and tickets
- Orchestra, 7:30 pm Nov. 21 – Details and tickets
- Wind Ensemble, 7:30 pm Nov. 25 – Details and tickets
See the full Arts and Architecture calendar
The College of Arts and Architecture puts on scores of performances, exhibitions and lectures. Click here to see the full calendar.