Most new restaurants struggle to bring in a crowd and establish their reputation. Not so with Seafood Connection.
That’s because chef and owner Jamie Walker has delighted diners for years with his Low Country-style seafood – long before he found a permanent restaurant home in University City.
Seafood Connection opened in July at 630 University Center Blvd., overlooking West W.T. Harris Boulevard near I-85.
How popular is this place? Well, its Thanksgiving Sunday Seafood Brunch sold out in three hours, and Facebook says the Seafood Connection page has more than 44,000 likes!
Yelp’s list top 10 seafood restaurants in charlotte ranks Seafood Connection at No. 3, and it’s only been open 5 months.
How did Walker build this reputation? Through a pop-up restaurant. He started by serving food in parking lots, and then later at a church. For a brief time, he shared space with another restaurant on Albemarle Road.
Seafood Connection makes headlines
You can learn much more about Seafood Connection and Jamie Walker from these three news reports.
- “Menu Hopping: Seafood Connection” – Spectrum News Charlotte, Oct. 12, 2018
- “5 things you need to know about Seafood Connection” – Charlotte Agenda, April 24, 2018
- “Is the best seafood in Charlotte served in a church parking lot?” – Charlotte Five, Nov. 1, 2016
About Seafood Connection
- 630 University Center Blvd., near McCullough Drive and West W.T. Harris Boulevard. Directions
- Open 11 am-9 pm Thursdays-Saturdays and Sundays 11 am-7 pm; Sunday brunch served 11 am-4 pm or until the food runs out.
- Yelp page