The March 16 launch of the LYNX light-rail service to University City is big news not only for University City but also for Charlotte, the region and beyond. We even found news reports on websites such as railwayage.com and progressiverailroading.com.
If you could not be at one of the three ribbon cuttings (UNC Charlotte’s Main Station, NoDa’s 36th Street Station and uptown’s 9th Street Station) or go for a LYNX ride on March 16, you can still feel the excitement via video clips and photos on numerous websites. Here are some of our favorites.
- 2018 Light Rail Grand Opening at UNC Charlotte – UNC Charlotte
- Welcome aboard: Riders pack Blue Line Extension rom uptown to UNCC – WSOC TV
- LYNX Blue Line Opening Ceremony (Ninth Street Station) – City of Charlotte
- After a decade of planning, Charlotte’s light-rail extension finally opens – The Charlotte Observer
- UNC Charlotte Greek Life Photo Competition – Photos submitted by UNC Charlotte students and others to Instagram and tagged #ridethattrain