Keith Family YMCA invites you and your family to Charge into Summer from 10 to 2 Saturday, April 29, at the Y’s Healthy Kids Day. This free family event will feature games, bounce houses, a bike safety rodeo, Bollywood fitness dancing, a free raffle and much more – on the YMCA grounds at 8100 Old Mallard Creek Road.
Keith Family YMCA, formerly University City YMCA, hosts the annual event to encourage families to get moving and introduce them to the many opportunities for healthy fun and fitness at their YMCA.
Among Saturday’s many free activities:
- Run (or walk) around the YMCA track at 10:15 am (come as you are; one time around!)
- Visit a Charlotte fire truck and police SWAT truck.
- Do training drills with 49ers football players and members of the Charlotte Eagles soccer team.
- Get healthy-snacking tips from Johnson and Wales University volunteers.
- Complete a Bike Safety Rodeo courtesy of Bike Line of Charlotte (bring your own bike or ride one of theirs).
- Take part in a YMCA summer-camp assembly.
- Make crafts with the YMCA camp staff and the University City Library staff .
- Make bird feeders with the Girl Scouts.
- Learn line dancing for fitness with YMCA staff.
- Sign up for a raffle to win great prizes – for free!
- Sample food from Great Harvest Bread and Chick-fil-A University Place (and say hi to the Chick-Fil-A cow).
Learn about YMCA programs, too
Of course, the staff at Keith Family YMCA will be glad to talk about their many programs including summer camps and the Y’s expansive water park – which opens for the season on May 6.
Some timely information about YMCA memberships from Betsy Driest, director of membership operations at the Keith Family Y:
- The Y does not have a joining fee.
- Your Y membership here is good at YMCA’s across North Carolina.
- All Y members get into the water park, too!
Click here for more details.