Get the latest news on improvements to Rocky River Road West, McCullough Drive and Clay Boulevard, plus 15 other transportation projects, January 26, 2016 at Newell Presbyterian Church, 1500 Rocky River Road West at Old Concord Road.
The public meeting opens at 6:10 with an overview of several projects, followed at 6:50 by details of Rocky River Road West upgrades. Visitors will be able to review specific projects and talk with staff starting at 7:15 p.m.
Representatives from the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS), Charlotte Department of Transportation (CDOT), Engineering & Property Management, Mecklenburg County and the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) will provide updates on transportation projects in University City and northeast corridor.
Three city projects – Rocky River Road West, McCullough Drive and Clay Boulevard – are part of the Northeast Corridor Infrastructure (NECI) Program. NECI projects will improve pedestrian, bicyclist and motorist access to stations along the future LYNX light-rail line to UNC Charlotte.
Here are the major projects under way or coming soon in University City, with links to most projects:
City of Charlotte projects
- Rocky River Road West (NOTE: The selected design will we presented for review and comment)
- McCullough Drive streetscape/extension
- JW Clay Boulevard streetscape
- LYNX Blue Line Extension
- Cross Charlotte Trail
- Orr Road extension
- Back Creek Church Road improvements
- City Boulevard extension
- I-85 North bridge and University Pointe Blvd Extension
Mecklenburg County projects
- Bridges on U.S. 29 over Mallard Creek
- N.C. 49/Cameron Blvd. intersection improvements
- UNC Charlotte leftover at Alumni Way
- Graham St. extension / Mallard Creek Road realignment
- Sugar Creek Road grade separation for Blue Line Extension
- Piedmont Improvement Program/Double Track Project
- Grier Road grade separation for Double Track Project
Visit the meeting website for details and links to specific projects.