Hundreds of people attended Friday’s ribbon cutting for our final segment of I-485. Many more watched at nearby overpasses as the first stream of vehicles roared by.
Want to relive the moment? We have compiled links to several videos and photos, including a 74-second “trip” around the entire Outer Loop. Enjoy!
- Photos at the ribbon cutting ceremony – University City Partners VIEW
- Time Lapse video of driving the entire loop. In just over 1 minute! – Charlotte Observer VIEW
- Race car drivers Sam Barnett and Mike Fkeen first to drive the I-485 loop – Charlotte Observer VIEW
- Gov. McCrory Officially Opens I-485 With Race Car Ribbon Cutting – Time Warner Cable News VIEW
- Final leg of I-485 now open for business – WBTV Dozens of photos via Google Search VIEW
- Last leg is open. What’s next? – WSOC TV VIEW