Helping others is a big part of Scouting, and members of 10 local Troops, Packs and Venturing Crews showed their Scout spirit recently by helping restock the shelves of the Jamil Niner Food Pantry at UNC Charlotte.
The First Annual Scouting Food Drive for the pantry collected more than a half-ton of food and more than $800 in donations.
The Jamil Niner Food Pantry provides assistance to UNC Charlotte students struggling with food insecurity. The pantry welcomes donations. Learn more
Scouting groups taking part in the food drive include:
- Pack and Troop 97, St. Mark Catholic Church
- Troop 49, Back Creek Presbyterian Church
- Pack 42, Hopewell Presbyterian Church
- Troop 25, St. Paul Baptist Church,
- Troop and Crew 148, Mallard Creek Presbyterian Church
- Pack, Troop and Crew 13, University City United Methodist Church