Light-rail service to University City officially began at 10 am Friday, March 16 – nearly 5 years since Charlotte broke ground on the LYNX Blue Line Extension
We’ve prepared this quick guide to all of the launch events plus a LYNX Primer for riding our rails smoothly and safely.
Have a blast, and see you soon at the station!
Tips for enjoying your first LYNX adventure!
If you haven’t used the LYNX before, you will definitely want to visit this great webpage for first-timers.
Short videos explain how to get tickets, board the train, get off at the right stop and much more.
A work of art at every stop!
Those sculpted LYNX bridge facades you’ve seen while waiting for the light to change on North Tryon Street are part of the public artwork gracing the LYNX line and its 10 stations between uptown and UNC Charlotte.
Mosaics at 25th Street Station, a meadow at Old Concord Station and much more await along the line.
For a guide to each station’s artwork, CLICK HERE.
New map will help you find LYNX treasures
There’s much for us to discover at every LYNX stop, if we know where to look.
Thanks to Gökotta and Sustain Charlotte, we now have an interactive map to guide our treasure hunt.
The map already features more than 70 restaurants, coffee shops, stores, libraries and other attractions within a15-minute walk. Check it out!
LYNX Logistics: Here’s how to …
- Get the LYNX map and schedule – MORE
- Buy tickets and passes (no cash, please!) – MORE
- Use smart-phone aps to buy tickets and track your bus or train – MORE
- Use ticket vending machines at the station – MORE
- Park for free in the LYNX parking decks – MORE
- Plan a trip by LYNX, bus and/or trolley! – MORE
- Ride LYNX with your bicycle – MORE
- GET HELP! – Call 704-336-7433 or CLICK HERE