One of the great international events of Charlotte has been taking place for weeks right here at UNC Charlotte. If you haven’t been, you still have 4 days to catch a part of the 2017 International Film Festival.
All films are free, including today’s 7:30 pm showing of the 2017 Academy Award winner “The Salesman,” (Iran).
All films are presented with English subtitles and an introduction about what you’ll see; some films also have panel discussions afterward. Check our listings below for film descriptions, links to their official trailers and viewing times, dates and locations.
- Get all the details at filmfest.uncc.edu.
- Find buildings and parking – Several parking decks are available for a fee. Download map
- Hippocrate / Hippocrates, Diary of a French Doctor (France, 2014). Tuesday, April 4, at 5:30 pm in the College of Education building, room 10. Details and trailer
- The Salesman (Iran, 2016) 2017 Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, Tuesday, April 4, 7:30 pm in McKnight Hall at the Cone Center. Details and trailer
- Chocolat (France, 1988) This film is set in colonial Cameroon and is based on the director’s childhood as the daughter of a French colonial administrator. Wednesday, April 5, at 12:30 pm in the College of Health and Human Services Building, room 281. Details and trailer
- To Life (Germany, 2016) Wednesday, April 5, at 5 pm in McKnight Hall at the Cone Center. Details and trailer
- Todos se van / Everybody Leaves (Colombia, Cuba, 2015) Thursday, April 6, at 2 pm in the Popup Martin Student Union Movie Theater. Details and trailer
- Pequeñas mentiras piadosas / The Travel Agent (Cuba, Spain, Italy 2015) Friday, April 7, at 1 pm in McKnight Hall at the Cone Center. Details and trailer