The biggest week of the year for UNC Charlotte spirit is here! You don’t have to be a student, alumnus or parent to enjoy Homecoming Week’s events, including Basketball Madness on Thursday, Friday’s evening’s Homecoming parade and, of course, Homecoming football vs. Southern Miss on Saturday at Jerry Richardson Stadium. Go Niners!
Homecoming help for campus newbies
UNC Charlotte has several services to help you feel at home, even if this is your first visit.
- Campus shuttles – Get a free ride on the frequent campus shuttle buses, available every weekday starting about 7 a.m. Buses roll until about 9:30 pm Mon-Thur and 6 pm Fri. CLICK for the details about routes and the great bus-tracking NextRide ap for your smart phone.
- Interactive campus map – Find visitor parking for cars and bikes, get directions, see shuttle bus routes, locate restaurants and much more. VIEW MAP
- A-Z Football Fan Guide – Everything you need to enjoy your first 49ers football game! SEE THE GUIDE
The week has many events that are open to the public, including the ones listed here. All except the athletic events are free. Visitor parking is available for a fee. SEE MAP. Go Niners!
- Niner Idol – Come to Barnhardt Student Activity Center at 7 for the first annual Niner Idol competition. Fifteen finalists will compete for the opportunity to perform as the opening act for a campus guest performer next spring. MAP
- Men’s Soccer vs. Virginia Tech – 7 tonight at Transamerica Field. $5 for adults, $2 for youth 17 and under. MAP
- Homecoming Service Day and Wear Green – Organizers hope to spark 490 total hours of student service between 11 am and 3pm. They also hope to collect 4,900 pounds of canned food for the campus Food Pantry. See the action and bring your canned-food donations to the big CHHS/CoED Plaza across Craver Boulevard from the Student Union. MAP
- Basketball Madness – 9 pm at Halton Arena – Kick of the 2015 49ers men’s and women’s basketball season with this annual event to jump-start the season! The event features videos, player and coach introductions, fun basketball skill games, and more! Halton Arena is inside the Barnhardt Student Activity Center. Parking (for a fee) is available nearby at the Cone Deck. MAP TO HALTON ARENA
- Homecoming Parade – 6:30 pm through campus – Bring the kids and enjoy the spirit as student groups parade through campus from the East Village near Martin Hall to the new Hauser Alumni Pavilion near Toby Creek by way of Cameron Boulevard, Mary Alexander Road and Craver Road. CAMPUS MAP
- Volleyball vs. North Texas – 6 pm at Halton Arena. $5 for adults, $2 for youth 17 and under. MAP
- Men’s soccer vs. South Carolina – 7 pm at Transamerica Field. It’s also Hispanic Heritage night. Fans get a commemorative T-shirt while supplies last. $5 for adults, $2 for youth 17 and under. MAP
- Homecoming football game vs. Southern Miss and Homecoming Court crowning. Action starts at noon at Jerry Richardson Stadium. Tailgating begins even earlier! TICKETS
Alumni know how to party!
UNC Charlotte’s Alumni Association has plenty of activities lined up for Friday and Saturday. All 120,000 graduates of UNC Charlotte automatically belong to the Alumni Association – even if it has been decades since you earned your diploma. Visit the alumni association website to learn how to get involved, get campus news and give back to UNC Charlotte.
Homecoming alumni events include:
- Green and White Crawl – Spend Friday night visiting five uptown pubs with friends, starting at 5:30 pm at Fitzgerald’s Irish Pub. MORE DETAILS AND TICKETS
- Pre-game Tailgating and post-game Oktoberfest – Enjoy a buffet, bar, coach visits and more at the brand new Hauser Alumni Pavilion on Cameron Boulevard, starting at 9:30 am Saturday. Head back to the Pavilion after the game for The event’s open to alumni, fans and friends of UNC Charlotte. Head back to Alumni Pavilion right after the game for a family-friendly Oktoberfest celebration, featuring samples from local wineries and breweries and activities for the kids. TICKET INFORMATION
- Homecoming After Party – One last chance to celebrate with old friends starts at 10 p.m. right across North Tryon Street from the campus, at The Press Box Bar and Grill, 9609 N Tryon St. MAP
More details – CLICK for more details about Alumni Association events