CATS Bus Routes
Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) provides outstanding community-wide public transportation services. CATS operates 70+ routes, transporting more than 22 million passengers each year. Local and regional routes link communities to jobs, medical facilities and entertainment. Four bus routes with frequent service connect University City destinations to uptown and, via transfers, other parts of the city. A fifth route runs between UNC Charlotte and SouthPark Mall, and free campus shuttle buses run weekdays each semester.
University City Public Transportation
Visit Charlotte Area Transportation System (CATS) for schedules, maps, planning tools and special transit activities.
- 11 North Tryon to UNC Charlotte – Daily 5:30 am-1:30 am.
- 22 Graham Street to University Research Park – Weekdays from about 6 am-10 pm, later on weekends.
- 29 UNCC between campus and South Park Mall – Mondays-Saturdays from about 7 am-6 pm.
- 54X Express to University Research Park – Dozen buses each AM and PM rush hour with stops in URP and at Mallard Creek Park and Ride lot.
- 80X Express to Concord – Six buses each AM and PM at IKEA Park and Ride lot.
CATS Countywide Transit Service Plan
Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) has developed a Countywide Transit Service Plan (CTSP) as they continually strive to improve bus service throughout Mecklenburg County. The CTSP will guide CATS’ strategy for year-by-year bus service enhancements. For more details, check out their plan. (File is large and may take some time to load).
Expanded Mass Transit
CATS supports the implementation of the 2030 Transit Corridor System Plan. The 2030 Plan will consist of 25 miles of commuter rail, 21 miles of light rail, 16 miles of streetcar, 14 miles of bus rapid transit and an expanded network of buses and other transit services.
View CATS Bus routes & schedules
Transit Corridor System Plan