COVID-19 is changing how we live, work, play and learn.
We have organized helpful resources and will keep these updated as new information becomes available.
Resources and Information
- The City of Charlotte has developed a page of neighborhood and partner organizations resources and tips. You can explore their small business, utility, healthcare, neighborhood resources and more here.
- The NC Main Street and Rural Planning Center has prepared several resources to help businesses and communities respond to the massive challenges created by the coronavirus pandemic.
- UCITY Family Zone has created a COVID-19 Response Group to collaborate and help fulfill community needs. Their resource guide is updated weekly and holds great resources for businesses, employees, families, and individuals. UCITY Family Zone COVID-19 Resources
- The Arts & Science Council recently announced the Mecklenburg Creatives Resiliency Fund to support artists and performers that have been financially impacted by COVID-19. The fund provides $500 grants to eligible artists if funding is available. Requests will support reimbursement for medical expenses related to COVID-19 testing or care, including mental health counseling, unanticipated childcare or dependent adult care expenses due to social distancing and compensation for lost income due to a cancellation of a specific scheduled gig, exhibit, sales or similar opportunity due to COVID-19 precautionary measures. Learn more and apply here, where you will also find more resources for the cultural sector.
UCITY Family Zone has created a COVID-19 Response Group to collaborate and help fulfill community needs. Their resource guide is updated weekly and holds great resources for businesses, employees, families, and individuals. UCITY Family Zone COVID-19 Resources
- Most restaurants remain open offering curbside pick-up or delivery. Contact one of many area restaurants to learn more.
- Wine Vault is offering wine delivery with a twist. Check out their recent videos to see what we mean.
- Enjoy Virtual Experiences by arts, science and history organizations and artists. Full List by ASC here.
- University City based Charlotte Kids Fest is offering weekly bedtime stories and activities for children on Facebook Live. Details can be found here.
- University City Partners is sponsoring virtual events like wine tastings that are updated here.
- Apartment communities are also hosting virtual events. Follow apartments like Blue at Northline and Alexander Village for cocktail classes.
- Local gyms are offering online classes and free apps for at-home workouts. Check with your gym to learn more.
- Our greenways are open for walking, running, biking and taking in fresh air. Also, you can explore running routes here.