I am grateful for:
- The opportunities to grow and evolve this wonderful community,
- A village of partners, stakeholders, advocates, and caring residents who believe in the future of this amazing place,
- A talented team of professionals, both staff and vendors who do their very best to move projects and programs in the right direction to grow to our potential,
- Government staff and elected officials who listen, learn and strategize to create the best University City,
- Dedicated and hardworking public safety teams in our University City CMPD and CFD who grind through shifts, putting their lives on the line for all of us; and lastly,
- The University City Partners Board of Directors who said yes to serving with us both through their counsel and by rolling up their sleeves to work by our side.
From the beginning, I committed to building this edge city, but also to building community. Together we have established a foundation of caring for our neighbors. Through the work of the UCity Family Zone, we are on the path to strengthening this groundwork and changing outcomes for so many. I am proud of how this community has come together to listen, learn and work collaboratively to support what people need to thrive. And I am humbled by the leadership and commitment from our University of North Carolina at Charlotte in this transformational endeavor.
As I turn the page, know that I am excited for the greatness that is in store for University City. Over the last eight years, our team has poured into the future of our community by shaping development, imagining new places, producing experiential events to bring people together, and constantly pushing for more and better. This incredibly talented UCP team will write the next chapter with all of us informing their work—and I am excited about that too. I can’t wait to see the new University City Vision Plan Connecting: People. Places. Nature. tie together our assets, idealize innovative ways for us to get around and build our own unique brand. Our community created this great plan, so let’s all stay behind it and push.
Cheers to the next chapter friends! It has been my greatest honor and privilege to serve you.