University City Taste returns to the University Place boardwalk on Sept. 28 with tasty samples from 10 University Place restaurants, enticing beverages provided by The Wine Vault and great conversation offered by you and hundreds of other UC Taste guests. Advance tickets are just $10!
University City Taste is the Charlotte Chamber University City Chapter’s annual networking and food-tasting event at the lake at University Place. The Chamber invites the general public to come and have a good time, too.
From 5:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 28, enjoy food samples from 10 University Place restaurants, beverages courtesy of The Wine Vault, free paddle-boat rides and good conversation on a pleasant early-autumn evening.
So many great tastes
Participating restaurants include Boardwalk Billy’s, Ciro’s, Edgewater Bar & Grille at Hilton Charlotte University Place, House of Leng and Zapata’s Mexican Restaurant, plus newcomers City Barbeque University Place, Famous Toastery and Pei Wei.
Event details and tickets
University City Taste will take place 5:30-8 p.m. Sept. 28 beside the lake at The Shoppes at University Place, near the intersection of North Tryon Street and East WT Harris Boulevard. For GPS, use 8929 J M Keynes Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262. Directions via Google maps.
The event will be held rain or shine. In case of rain, the event will move indoors onsite. The admission price includes food and beverages.
- $10 – In advance at Keith Family YMCA, purchased in person. The Y is at 8100 Old Mallard Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28262
- $11 – In advance online at charlottechamber.com
- $15 at the event on Sept. 28
Thanks to the many sponsors
Several businesses and groups are helping sponsor University City Taste, which is being presented by Greystar and hosted by The Shoppes at University Place. Other sponsors include:
- In-Kind: Diamond Springs and the YMCA
- Lake Sponsors: First Citizens Bank, IKEA, SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg and University City Partners
- Chapter Super Fund Sponsors: Carolinas HealthCare System, UNC Charlotte and Wells Fargo